- Keep the following supplies and accessories on hand:
- Boxes, all sizes
- Bubble wrap or other cushioning material
- Marking pens
- Tape measure
- Furniture pads or old blankets
- Packing tape and scissors
- Money and credit cards
- Label each box with the room in the new home to which it should be delivered.
- Number the boxes and keep a list of what is in each box.
- Clearly mark fragile items.
- Pack a bag of personal items you'll need during the move (change of clothes, toiletries, medicine, maps, food, and drinks). Keep it in an easy-to-find place when you pack.
- Keep a medical kit accessible.
- If you have children, pack a bag of games and activities for the trip